Christine Tootoo is an enigmatic and captivating actor in film and theatre actor, recently starring and collaborating in Kiviuq Returns, Qaggiavuut's Inuit theatre epic that toured southern and northern Canada in 2017.
Christine starred as Ani in the feature film Iqaluit by Quebec Director Benoit Pilon in 2016.
She has toured as a drummer and throat singer with the Inuksuk Drum Dancers to Ottawa, Iqaluit and Greenland.
Christine secured a leading role in the Inuit play Kiviuq Returns. World Premiere, National Arts Centre, Ottawa July 2017. The play has also toured to Alberta, Ontrario and Nunavut.
Christine is a button accordion player, mentoring with renowned Nunavut masters, Simeonie Keenainak and Zeebedee Nungaq and Jeannie Nungaq.
Most recently, she facilitated youth workshops throughout Nunavut in the Inuit performing arts.
- Iqaluit (2016) Worldwide Release
- Directed by Benoit Pilon
- Kiviuq Returns (70 mins) Founding/Touring Cast
- Banff Centre for the Arts and Creativity (June 2017)
- Alianait Festival, Iqaluit, Nunavut (July 2017)
- Isabel Bader Centre, Kingston, Ontario (July 2017)
- National Arts Centre, Ottawa, Ontario (July 2017)
- Fleck Dance Theatre, Toronto, Ontario (July 2017)
- '867' with Thor Simonsen
- Vocals and throat singing
- Qaggiq Teacher Training with Qaggiavuut Society 2016
- Nunavut Sivuniksaut, Ottawa
- Inuksuk Drum Dancers (Choir)