LET'S BUILD A QAGGIQ! BE PART OF OUR FEASIBILITY STUDY
As part of our mission to strengthen and promote the Inuit performing arts, Qaggiavuut advocates and consults about the need for Qaggiq, an Inuit performing arts and cultural learning hub—a space to train Inuit artists and present the Inuit performing arts professionally in Canada’s Arctic.
In February 2019, Qaggiavuut held an RFP competition to study the feasibility of a performing arts and cultural learning hub in Iqaluit. We are excited to be working with Savira Cultural & Capital Projects to build partnerships and gather research into building Qaggiq!
What are your ideas for Qaggiq? Get involved:
- Join us for an open house session
- Drop by Qaggiavuut
- Submit a drawing, poem, work of art, or video to be shared here
- Check out our Facebook Page
Since launching our fundraising campaign to build a Qaggiq in 2017, Qaggiavuut has:
- Raised over $500,000 in private donations
- Held 10 years of consultations with Inuit artists, elders, stakeholders
- Formed the Friends of Qaggiq, an advisory committee of Canada’s cultural leaders
- Obtained preliminary drawings of the Qaggiq from Diamond Schmitt Architects
- Developed a business plan by Colliers Project Management
- Issued an RFP for a feasibility study into the Qaggiq Hub and selected Savira Cultural & Capital Projects