LET'S BUILD A QAGGIQ! A FEASIBILITY STUDY INTO A NUNAVUT PERFORMING ARTS AND CULTURAL LEARNING HUB
In 2019 Qaggiavuut received federal funding to lead a feasibility study into the Qaggiq: Inuit Performing Arts & Cultural Learning Hub. We worked with Savira Capital & Cultural Projects to guide us in this important step forward to building the Qaggiq. The final Feasibility Study report was released in April, 2020 just after the pandemic shut us all down. We are hoping to continue the work that was put on hold to design a space for artists to create, share and present!
Qaggiq: Inuit Performing Arts & Cultural Learning Hub
Feasibility Study February 2020 (PDF)
What are your ideas for Qaggiq?
Get involved! What does Qaggiq mean to you? Share your ideas using the form below.
Since launching our fundraising campaign to build a Qaggiq in 2017, Qaggiavuut has:
- Raised over $500,000 in private donations
- Researched and consulted for years to complete the feasibility study into a Nunavut performing arts and culture centre
- Continued consultations with Inuit artists, elders, and stakeholders that have been ongoing since 2009
- Formed the Friends of Qaggiq, an advisory committee of Canada’s cultural leaders
- Obtained preliminary drawings of the Qaggiq from Diamond Schmitt Architects
- Developed a business plan by Colliers Project Management