Are you looking for an opportunity to help lead the development of Nunavut's performing arts?
Qaggiavuut Nunavut Performing Arts Society is seeking applicants to serve on its Board of Directors, with mandates at least until the next AGM in September 2021.
Qaggiavuut envisions a strong, growing Nunavut performing arts community that will strengthen, promote, advocate and create space for Nunavut Performing Artists with a focus on Inuit.
Our goals are to:
- Build a physical space in Nunavut for the performing arts;
- Develop and deliver performing arts training to emerging artists throughout Nunavut;
- Involve all Nunavut regions in Qaggiavuut programming;
- Provide artistic and economic opportunities for Nunavut performing artists;
- Maintain the traditional Inuit performing arts;
- Nurture the creation of new Inuit performing arts work.
This spring, we will be undertaking a strategic planning session that will guide Qaggiavuut for the next 5 years.
We are seeking nominations from Nunavummiut that come from a variety of experiences and backgrounds, including but not limited to any of the following or combination thereof: having previous board of director experience (all sectors), community development, education background.
If you have a passion for the positive development of Inuit storytelling, culture, and language through the performing arts, please consider joining our Board of Directors.
This is a unique opportunity to bring your contribution to our work to heal and enrich communities through performing arts.
Self-nominations along with a note of interest and your CV, as well as any questions can be sent to: email@example.com